Please click on the link below to see the PDF report of the January Meeting (opens in new tab):
January 10 2015
Priory Rooms, Birmingham
Start: 10 for 10 .30
Finish: 4 pm
Lunch (sandwiches, fruit) and tea/coffee will be arranged and will cost £6 each.
If you are interested in coming, please email Ann Floyd before Christmas, if possible. If you are involved in some Quaker work in Africa, and would like to give a brief verbal update and/or bring some information to display, please inform her.
10.00 Arrivals and coffee
10.30 Welcome from Ann Floyd, worship
10.45 Brief introductions (max 1 min each!) from all those there – name, LM and AM, connections with Quaker work in Africa
(note – information can be put on a table for those interested, which can be looked at during the lunch period)
11.15 National and global updates
- Update on QPSW work in Africa:
Susan Tomes Smith (member QPSW central committee)
- Update on FWCC in Africa
Harry Albright (FWCC Communications)
- BYM’s new Quaker World Relations Committee (QWRC)
12.00 Three project presentations
- Friends of Hlekweni
- Money for Madagascar
Chris Sewell and Theresa Haine
- Hope Project in Uganda
- Each will speak for about 10 minutes. There will be time for questions.
12.45 Lunch and an opportunity to look at any information brought
13.45 Discussion topics in groups, after a brief introduction
- General points out of the morning’s presentations that I/we will be taking away: what messages came through?
- What would you like the new QWRC to do to enhance/facilitate QAIG members’ work in connection with Africa?
14.45 Brief reports from discussion groups
15.15 Next Steps:
Organisational arrangements for QAIG (a small group/committee)
Location and timing of next meeting
16.00 Tea and depart